BE safe out there, it's winter!
7 HELPFUL winter driving tips
1. Snowplows cause soft snow to swirl. It can become difficult to see the plow and for the plow operator to see you. Turn on your headlights and windshield wipers for additional visibility.
2. Give snowplows plenty of room. Do not pass on the right side and always stay where the operator can see you.
3. Beware of icy spots, especially on bridges and in sheltered areas. Drive at reduced speeds and allow distance to react to traffic. Slow down gradually when approaching curves and stops.
4. Turn off cruise control In wet or snowy weather.
5. Keep headlights on, particularly during inclement weather. Make sure your headlights, taillights and windows are clean so you can see and be seen.
6. Motorists may use studded snow tires in Nebraska from November 1 to April 1.
7. Make sure everyone in a motor vehicle wears a seat belt and children are in a car safety seat.
To get many more Winter Safety Tips for Travel, go to the NDOR website at: